It is a requirement in Western Australia, in accordance with the Building Act 2011 and subsidiary Building Regulations 2012, that a Certificate of Compliance be completed before a permit authority can issue a Building Permit, Occupancy Permit & Building Approval Certificate.
A Building Surveyor issues a Certificate of Compliance to declare that a building or structure satisfies all applicable building standards including the National Construction Code Volume One & Two and any other referenced standard or documents. A Certificate of Compliance is required to be signed off by a Registered Building Surveying Contractor (company) and a Registered Building Surveying Practitioner (individual).
Specialised Building Solutions offers complete building surveying & certification solutions from appropriately qualified and registered professionals and in line with current industry legislation, standards & expectations. We provide the following services applicable to residential & commercial projects;
- Certificate of Design Compliance (BA3) – to obtain a Building Permit.
- Certificate of Construction Compliance (BA17) – to obtain an Occupancy Permit.
- Certificate of Building Compliance (BA18) – to obtain a Building Approval Certificate or Occupancy Permit.
- NCC Building Compliance Audits.
- Building Inspections inc. unauthorised structures & stratas.
- Building Surveyor Consulting.
- Council submission and external consultant liaison.
Our Building Surveyors are committed to offering the highest quality of service, therefore by engaging us to complete your next certification we guarantee…
- Design & construction will meet all the applicable building standards in Australia.
- Unauthorised structures will be inspected by a suitably qualified professional to ensure compliance with all applicable building standards in Australia.
- The building or structure in its current form is safe to occupy and use in the way proposed.
- We endeavor to turn-around certification within 24-hours, subject to size & complexity of the project.
- Free amendments, design feedback & advice.
- Stress free approval process that can reduce council/permit authority application timeframes by up to 50%!
- Building compliance input throughout the life of the project.
- We will never raise an issue without offering a solution!
If you would like more information on the various types of certifications and what a Building Surveyor can offer, please see the below Frequently Asked Questions pages or give our Building Surveyors a call today on 0411 648 159!