In 2010, the Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards were adopted in line with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) and the recently reviewed Australian Standard 1428.1. The standard provides professionals within the Building & Construction industry, performance criteria and minimum requirements on how disabled access, egress & accessible features within a new building are to be constructed to satisfy the DDA.
Before a Certificate of Compliance can be issued for a building project, it must be demonstrated access to, and within, the building satisfies that above disability standard and Part D3 of the National Construction Code (NCC) Volume One. It is important for all stakeholders to understand, before commencement of the design stage, what upgrade or new accessibility features will be required as part of the works. Upgrading a building to include compliant disabled access can add extensive costs & time not considered at project concept stage, an Access Audit of the building is therefore crucial to highlight all standards & expectations, explore exemptions & performance solutions and ultimately ensures the project is still viable.
Specialised Building Solutions can provide the below Disabled Access services;
- Disability Access Standard Consultation.
- Building Access Audits.
- Disability Access Reports & Performance Solutions.
- Livable Housing Design Assessment & Certification.
Our Building Surveyors are committed to offering the highest quality of service, therefore by engaging us to complete an Access Audit or Consultation we guarantee…
- Access audits will be completed by qualified building surveyors with extensive experience in Accessibility provisions of the BCA & Australian Standards.
- Access reports & performance solutions will be completed by suitably qualified Access Consultants.
- Livable Housing Design Assessments & Certification from an accredited assessor and certified by the Livable Housing Australia.
- We will never raise an issue without offering a solution!